Ultimate Recipe Swap

Yay!! Fall is coming, fall is coming! I only have a few days left till October 1 when I pull out all my fall decorations; pumpkins, gourds, candles, figurines, dried arrangements ect... and start baking, cooking and of course eating all those wonderful recipes that we all keep until "winter" weather sets in. Now, we don't have much "winter" weather here in Southern California...but....it does get "chili". :-)

I thought I would start joining Ultimate Recipe Swap on Thursdays so here is my first recipe. Why not join us??!! One can never have too many shoes or too many recipes!

The first recipe to come to mind is one I have made and morphed over the years...Cowboy Chili. I hope you like it as much as my family does...serve with cornbread, crackers, bread, or over baked potatoes or chips. It's all good!

Cowboy Chili

6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1/2 C. chopped green pepper (or red)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2-2 lbs. ground beef
2 Cans tomatoes, crushed
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1 TBSP chili powder (or more to suit your taste)
1 Can whole kernel corn, drained
1 Can kidney beans, drained
2 C. cubed, pared potatoes

Cook bacon until crisp, drain and set aside. Saute onion, peppers, garlic in bacon drippings until tender, add ground beef and cook till well browned. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and chili powder; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add vegetables; simmer 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with cheese, sour cream, extra onions, ect...

This is a wonderful chili, and it only gets better after a day or two in the refrigerator. Can also be stored well in the freezer. Very hearty!!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

About Me

I am a mom to many, a committed honey to the man of my dreams, and on a wonderful journey through this thing called life! Living, loving, laughing and growing with God, my family and friends. Here I hope to share highlights of my journey...feel free to leave me feedback and let me know how your journey is doing. Perhaps we can encourage, support and laugh together through our journeys...come join me!

My Favorite Blogs

Run the Earth...Watch the Sky.

SwagBucks!